Office staplers are so ubiquitous, it's easy to under-think the purchase. There are four main types of staplers: basic desktop staplers, electric staplers, heavy-duty staplers and specialty staplers. While it's tempting to just grab the first (and least expensive) stapler model you come across, there are a few thing to consider before making your purchase:
- How many people will use the stapler.
- How often you have to staple documents in your office.
- How many sheets you usually have to staple together.
What sort of documents you regularly staple. Will you need to
assemble booklets, brochures or magazines?
Each of the four main stapler styles are designed to meet different needs, and feature a variety of auxiliary options.
Basic Desktop Staplers
Desktop staplers can handle up to 70 sheets at a time and are great for the everyday work needs of any home, school or small office.
Bonus Desktop Stapler Features
- Flat Clinch desktop staplers allow documents to lie flat.
- Ergonomic desk staplers are more comfortable to use.
- Front loading desk staplers allow for easy refills.
- Standup desk staplers take up less desk space.
- Mini Staplers are great for on-the-go use, or for offices with occasional stapling needs.
Nothing beats electric staplers for fast, effortless stapling. Electric staplers can handle up to 80 sheets at a time, so they are perfect for offices that regularly collate large documents.
Bonus Electric Stapler Features
- Flat Clinch Electric Staplers allow collated documents to lie flat.
- Anti-Jam Electric Staplers reduce frustrations.
- Adjustable Electric Staplers have staple position guides for accurate staple placement.
Heavy Duty Staplers
With sheet capacities of up to 215 pages, heavy-duty staplers are great for shared work spaces and high-capacity users.
Bonus Heavy Duty Stapler Features
- Flat Clinch Heavy Duty Staplers create neater stacks.
Specialty Staplers are designed for offices with unique fastening needs.